Thursday, May 3, 2012

A sigh of relief:)

I was so relieved yesterday when I heard from Robert and he let me know that he has made it to his base he will be at. Even though we still haven't been able to Skype or talk on the phone, we are able to chat on the computer. Even though I can't see him or physically talk to him, it makes me feel so relieved to know he isn't traveling anymore and I can hear from him on a more regular basis. At the same time I breathed a sigh of relief, I was devastated by what he has to live in for the next 9 months. He will be sleeping on a cot in a tent and have to have his food rationed. I know I will have to put my busy life to the side and send him a ton of packages to make him as comfortable as possible.

Yesterday was a busy day. I worked, then headed to get Donovan and Aniyah from school. We came home greeted Jacoby, got changed, ate a snack and headed to baseball practice. Because it gets hot out there I dropped Aniyah and Jacoby off to Grandma and headed to practice with D. I am kind of sad that baseball is over, because I love watching him play, he really enjoys it. While I watched him play I got to talking to one of the moms. She commented about how hard it must be to have a husband in the military. I have to agree it is difficult. They are constantly leaving for either a deployment or some kind of a training. It feels like I am a single parent most of the time and sometimes I feel like we spend more time apart than togther, but there is no way that I would change any of it. I hear comments like this quite often. People are always saying "I don't know how you do it" or "I could never do that". To those comments I say you have never truly been in love if you aren't willing to sacrifice. I know and have known since the moment that I met him that Robert, is the one person who was made for me. I know it sounds kid of cheesy, but he is my soul mate. With that being said how could I now be here waiting for him every time he leaves?  I don't want to brag about my husband, but he is a pretty amazing guy and totally worth everything we have to deal with.

I want to finish this blog, but it's getting late and I have to get up super early. These last two days have been pretty busy, but thankfully the weekend is here tomorrow:) So I will continue this post tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment